The Rockwall Art League is a member of the Rockwall Chamber of Commerce, The Old Town Shoppes of Rockwall, and the Texas Art Therapy Association, and is supported in part by grants from the City of Rockwall Hotel Motel Tax Revenue and the Rockwall County Alliance for the Arts. We appreciate their ongoing support.
- Best Western Rockwall Plus Inn and Suites
- Comfort Suites Rowlett
- Hampton Inn Rockwall
- Hilton Bella Harbor Rockwall
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Royse City
- La Quinta Inn Rockwall
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Garland Harbor
The Rockwall Art League was established in 2000 in Rockwall, Texas. The purpose was to create a forum for area artists to
- share ideas, communicate, and support each other;
- bring an awareness of fine art to the community, and
- provide scholarships to support the efforts of talented high school students.
These goals are being realized through annual exhibits, programs, studio tours and the Tom Collins Memorial Scholarship.The Rockwall Art League is a member of the Rockwall Chamber of Commerce, The Old Town Shoppes of Rockwall and is supported in part by grants from the City of Rockwall Hotel Motel Tax Revenue and the Rockwall County Alliance for the Arts. We appreciate their ongoing support.
2011 RAL Achievements
- January 14: BB&T Bank exhibit artwork rotation. This rotation included artwork from nineteen local artists and a reception.
- January 27: Business After Hours Artists reception at BB&T Bank in partnership with the Rockwall Chamber of Commerce. Held from 5:00–7:00 PM.
- Artwork Rotation at the Bella Hilton Harbor Hotel.
- January monthly meeting and demo by Niki Gulley. Held from 6:30–9:00. Open to the public.
- February monthly meeting and RAL birthday celebration (2000-2011) with guest speakers and door prizes donated by merchants. Held from 6:00-9:00 PM. Acrylics Guest demo by Maureen Brouilette. Open to the public.
- February: Studio Days held at Harry Myers Park Center, 815 East Washington from 9:00 AM–3:00 PM. Open to the public.
- March 1-30: RAL Board Members Art Exhibit at the Rockwall County Library.
- March monthly meeting and oil painting demo by Becky Parks. Held from 6:30–9:00 PM. Open to the public.
- April monthly meeting and demo by Cheryl Wooten, watercolorist, held from 6:30–9:00 PM. Open to the public.
- April Studio Days held at Harry Myers Park, 815 East Washington from 9:00 AM–3:00 PM. Open to the public.
- April 13-14: RAL sponsored a two day workshop with Becky Parks and open to the public. Held at Harry Myers Park from 9:30 AM–4:00 PM each day.
- April 17: Rotated artwork at BB&T Bank exhibit. Rotation includes artwork from eleven local artists.
- May monthly meeting and art critique by Sharon Serrago. Held from 6:30–9:00 PM.Open to the public.
- Month of May: Texas Health Presbyterian Rockwall art exhibit in partnership with Throwaway Ponies Rescue Center of Rockwall. Meet the artists reception held on May 18, 2011. Artwork of 2011 Scholarship Recipient, Naomi Ruiz was displayed at the exhibit.
- May: Participated in Rockwall Founder’s Day celebration with an art exhibit at located at the Straughan Properties building.
- June 9: Studio Days held at Harry Myers Park Center. Open to the public.
- June: Rotation of artwork at the Bella Hilton Harbor Hotel.
- July 7: Studio Days held at Harry Myers Park Center. Open to the public.
- August 11: Studio Days held at Harry Myers Park Center. Open to the public.
- August 27: RAL sponsored a one-day workshop with pastel artist Dina Gregory. Open to the public. Held at Harry Myers Park Center from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- September: Participation in the Rockwall Alliance for the Arts Gala with an art exhibit, Plein Air painting, face painting and four art demonstrations for the Rockwall Art Month at the Harbor. 18 artists produced artwork specifically for the Gala to assist with their auction and fund raising.
- September 8 through October at the Art Center at the Rockwall Harbor: In support of the Alliance for the Arts and the Harbor Arts Month. RAL set up a gallery of 170 paintings, ceramics and jewelry. The exhibit was totally staffed with volunteers for 214 volunteer hours. Brochures and handouts representing all of the performing and visual art organizations in Rockwall were available to the public.
- September 15–16: Becky Parks oil painting workshop open to the public. To be held at Harry Myers Community Center, 815 E. Washington. 9:30 AM–4:00 PM daily. Open to the public.
- September monthly meeting at 6:30–9:00 PM held at Harry Myers Park Center with a watercolor demonstration by Walt Davies. Open to the public. JMJ Frames provided a wholesale frame sale starting at 5:00 PM before the meeting.
- October 14–16: RAL Fall Fine Art Show and Sale. A judged exhibit that was held at The Rockwall Rotary Building. RAL members and a number of artists from outside of the Rockwall area participated.
- October 28: Rockwall Parks and Rec asked RAL to participate in their Halloween at the Harbor event. RAL supplied all materials and volunteers for children to decorate Trick or Treat Bags.
- AMICA Rockwall requested artwork donations from RAL members for their November gala auction. Three artists provided artwork to support Amica with their auction and fund raising efforts.
- November 30 was the last regular monthly meeting for RAL. The presenter was Valery Guignon who is a very talented textile artist in addition to being a sculptor and painter. Valery amazed everyone with her creativity and versatility in demonstrating how to create wearable art garments, scarfs, handbags and kimonos.
2010 RAL Achievements
Sponsored watercolor painting classes open to the public and members. Instruction provided by RAL member Doris Vasek.
Forum and presentation in January by Cecy Turner.
Forum and presentation in February by Becky Parks.
Retreat in east Texas to set short term and long term goals and league planning. Complete rework of by-laws and articles and prospectus for shows.
Forum and presentation in March by Beverly Boren.
Forum and presentation in April by Fran Shurtleff.
Selection of scholarship recipient, Ben Lawing.
Forum and studio critique on May 26th by Sharon Serrago.
Forum presented by Prismacolor Rep Shelley Minnis to membership/guests.
Presentation of scholarship award to recipient at Rockwall Heath High School senior at Awards Ceremony on June 2.
Joined Old Town Shoppes of Rockwall Association and the Rockwall Chamber of Commerce.
Founder’s Day exhibit and Sip-n-Stroll participation.
Straughan Exhibit began on May 21 with three participating artists.
BB&T Bank exhibit has new rotation on June 17 with TBA artists participating and a special student art exhibit from this year’s scholarship recipient.
Studio Days of Summer: July 8 from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM (open to the public).
Bethany Golden makes a presentation on Main Street Rockwall and the San Jacinto Art Market at the monthly meeting.
Studio Days of Summer: July 8 from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM (open to the public).
Art Reception at BB&T Bank for our scholarship recipient and exhibiting artists from 11-3:00 on July 24.
Watercolor Demonstration on July 31 from 2-4:00 at Art Venture Studio featuring Joyce Faulknor and Guy Magallenes. Open to the public.
August 2-5 at Harry Myers Community Center. Five day workshop with Joyce Faulknor and Guy Magellanes. Watercolor painting at it's best with two national recognized experts.
Beth Wild of Golden Acrylics gives a two hour presentation on Golden Products – open to members and the public to attend.
Studio Days of Summer: August 17 from 9 am - 4 pm (open to the public).
Alliance for the Arts on September 11, 2010. Four members of RAL will be working in their studios with four celebrities for the Gala.
Forum and presentation on Sept. 29th by Andrew Wages – oil painting.
Horizon’s Fall Judged Art Show and art exhibit and sale – open to any and all artists to participate. October - TBA.
Forum and presentation on Oct. 27 by Kaye Franklin – oil painting.
Forum and presentation on Dec. 1st by Pat Duncan – gourd painting
Rockwall Art League By-laws
By-laws PDF available [HERE]
The Rockwall Art League is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and all contributions are tax-deductible.